Inlaks Scholarship is provided by Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation, a charity based in New Delhi, India. This foundation has been providing scholarships to the deserving students since 1976.
The foundation does not provides scholarships to the students who are going to pursue degree in the following courses – Engineering, Computer Science, Business Studies, Medicine, Public Health, Fashion Design, Music and Film Animation.
However in the case of Imperial College – London, scholarships will be given to students going for a course in Engineering or Computer Science.
Further the organisation consider Indian Studies, only if they have contemporary relevance. Foundation provides scholarship up to One Lakh USD i.e. more than Sixty-Four Lakh Indian Rupees.
If the total funding required, tuition fee and living allowances, exceeds One Lakh USD, then candidates must show evidence that they have the ability to cover full funding for their courses at the time of their interviews in May or June. The Foundation does not cover candidates that are not fully funded.
- The candidate should be Indian citizen and should be residing in India at the time of the application.
- Candidate is normally expected to have a good first degree from a recognized university in India.
- Indian citizens who hold a good undergraduate degree from a recognized university outside India, must have resided continuously and been employed or been studying in India, for at least two years, after their under-graduation.
- At the time of application it is required to have a prior admission and course chosen. Application with pending admission will not be considered.
- Candidate must be below 30 years of age on the 1 July of the year of application.
How the application is judged?
The panel selects the appropriate candidate on the basis of interview. So in order in to get the scholarship, candidate in addition to the academic knowledge must show the flare to do something.
If you like our stories, do follow Acadman on Facebook
The application must include –
- Evidence of admission to a university or a course, and a full detail of the institute’s financial requirements.
- Candidates in architecture, fine and applied arts, and related subjects must submit a maximum of 10 samples of their work on a CD / DVD only, giving the size of the original, the material used and the date of completion. This material will not be returned. The images must only be in jpeg format, not tiff format. Candidates for Film, Dance, Acting, and Music (Western classical singing) must also submit a CD / DVD. Three sets of CDs/ DVDs must be submitted. A portfolio may be submitted also if it is not too bulky.
- Evidence of any outstanding achievements in extra-curricular activities in any field.
- Photocopy of the first and last pages of your passport.
- Submit three recommendation letters together with your application. These letters (maximum three references) must be submitted together with the application, in sealed envelopes. At least two of your referees should be academics who have taught you in your undergraduate studies. Recommendation letters will not be accepted after the 15th of April either by post or email.
- A clear declaration must be made of all funding received for your course. In case the offer of funding comes in after you have submitted your application, please inform us of the same by email, at the earliest.
- In case you have applied for another course, for which you are not applying to Inlaks for funding, at the same or another institution and have an offer of funding from elsewhere, you must inform us of the same even if it is not your intention to avail of that offer.
- Do not send copies of academic certificates with the completed form. These will be needed only at the time of the final interviews.
All sections of the applications are to be filled in.
Please submit two copies of the application duly filled in. Note that you have to include only one set of attachments viz, offer letter, resume / cv, recommendation letters, fee statement, passport copy, outstanding achievement certificates etc.