Name & location of the Hotel where you interned.
Taj Lands End, Bandra (W), Mumbai.
Intern Details (Name, college name, batch)
SHAILESH R. PATI
Duration of Internship. Office timing
Approx 4 Months of Intern.
Timings are according to shift’s, Mostly I have worked for 8 to 10 hours a day.
Application process. (How did you apply?)
First of all decide the hotel where you want to do your Internship, then according to that call the hotel’s HR department , so they will request for your CV and after that they will give you the specific date for your interview (Telephonic or personal interview) depends. but keep in mind that the phone call to be done 3 to 4 months prior to your internship, Eg: If your internship is in December then just call the hotel in the month of September.( Reason behind that is you will get the hotel of your choice otherwise hotel seat’s for trainee’s will be full ).
First day experience
A hotel trainee is supposed to acquire a good working knowledge of the hospitality sector with special attention to dealing with customers satisfaction. The various roles and responsibilities of individual department are:
1. Front Office department.
2. Food and Beverage service Department.
3. House Keeping Department.
4. Food Production Department.
So, Our first day experience is they conducted Induction Training to all the trainees, it means they are giving us knowledge about the hotel and instructing us about what to do and what not to do, and they just taken us to each and every department’s back office and briefing us for the same.
At the end of the day they just sorted all of us in different departments and given us our shift timings for the next day.
Infrastructure and environment at the Hotel; team strength
The best of Mumbai at Taj Lands End, which is located in its lifestyle hub, Bandra with the most beautiful Sea view and View of Bandra-Worli sea link. And surrounded by Bollywood Celebrities houses.
As we have joined as Trainee in the hotel, So they trained us in each and every departments considering Four Main dept.
1. FRONT OFFICE : In this department they trained us like Welcoming the guest, Registration of guests and escorting the guest to the rooms.
Answer inquiries regarding hotel services, provide assistance and respond to guests’ complaints and handling of guest complaints. They also trained us in the bell desk which deals with guest luggage etc.
2. FOOD & BEVERAGE SERVICE : Greeting customers, escorting them to seats, taking food and drink orders, and serving food and beverages
Answer questions regarding the hotel services, explaining menu items which are there in Buffet service, ( I have trained in VISTA restaurant which is coffee shop and 24×7 Dinning restaurant with multi Cuisines)
Co-ordinating with team workers to plan events, parties.
Setting up the buffet for morning breakfast, Lunch etc.
3. HOUSE KEEPING : As we are responsible for maintaining the hygiene and appearance of the hotel’s corridor and floor area and also guest rooms. Providing the guest stock as and when needed. Providing service items to guest rooms upon requests from the guests.
4. FOOD PRODUCTIONS : I have done only refilling of the store for VISTA Restaurant kitchen and also making of the fresh juices as per the order for the guest or an order from IRD service (In Room Dining) that’s it.
1250 Rs. Per month.
How likely are you willing to recommend someone to intern there?
As per my experience, Taj Lands End is the best hotel to do internship with and this hotel is also consider as India’s one of the most Luxurious, business class and Leading Hotel’s.
As I would like to inform you that Taj Lands End have won the at lonelyPlanetMagazineIndia Awards for:
1. Best Business hotel of the Year 2016
2. Best General Manager of the year 2016
Would you recommend any other Hotel for Internship?
Give more over preference to brands like Taj, Oberoi’s, ITC, JW Marriot’s, Leela etc.
Accommodation (Did you avail any PG? if yes, provide its contact details.)
As my hometown is Mumbai itself, so there are no issues about accommodation.
Please to share your internship experience HERE
To suggest an interview, feedbacks, comments, queries, work with us, write on email@example.com or whatsapp us at 8920465560