The Young India Fellowship (YIF) is a one-year multidisciplinary postgraduate diploma programme in Liberal Studies. The Fellowship brings together a group of 215 bright young individuals who show exceptional intellectual ability and leadership potential from across the country and trains them to become socially committed agents of change.
The aim is to help Fellows become well-rounded individuals who are able to think critically from multiple perspectives, communicate effectively and become leaders with a commitment to public service. YIF is delivered in collaboration with the University of Pennsylvania’s School of Engineering and Applied Science SEAS, University of Michigan, King’s College London, Carleton College, Sciences Po, University of California Berkeley, Trinity College Dublin, Yale University and Wellesley College.
Students from all disciplines and areas of study are welcome to YIF; engineers, designers, commerce graduates or literature enthusiasts are all mentored into reaching their full potential.
- A deep-rooted ambition to solve problems and make an impact on the society
- Passion for an idea or issue which could have wider social/business/academic implications
- The humility to believe that he/she needs to learn more
- The willingness to think differently and chart a new course
- A demonstrated ability to overcome challenges
- Qualities of integrity, self-awareness, energy, initiative, and open-mindedness
- An above-average academic record